Original recipe makes 1 - 8x8 inch cake
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup shortening
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter, softened
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease one 8x8 inch pan.
2. Cream together 3/4 cup sugar, shortening, and egg.
3. In a separate bowl mix together 2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir into sugar mixture, alternating with milk. Stir in blueberries. Pour into greased 8x8 inch pan.
4. To make topping: Combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, cinnamon, and butter. Sprinkle over cake batter.
5. Bake at 375 degree F (190 degrees C) for 25-30 minutes.
Source - AllRecipes.com
Click here to return to the KJOY Cooking Club