Hicks Nurseries Presents The Great Pumpkin Contest
WKJY OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
The Great Pumpkin Contest
As of 9/28/12
- ELIGIBILITY. No purchase is necessary to enter, and all contests on WKJY-FM are open to all persons age 18 and over, unless otherwise specified in contest-specific rules. Employees and families of Connoisseur Media, its affiliates, other radio stations, record companies, and participating sponsors and their affiliates are not eligible.
- GENERAL PRIZE INFORMATION. One winner per household per thirty (30) days. Winners of prizes valued at more than six hundred dollars ($600) must wait a total of six (6) months before becoming eligible to win additional prizes from WKJY-FM. Qualifiers must reside or be employed within the geographic listening area of WKJY-FM. Prize winners must present valid identification and proof of age to claim prize. Winner is subject to state, local, and federal taxes where applicable. If for any reason the winner is unable to utilize the prize on the dates given, subsequent draws will be made until a qualified winner is drawn. Prizes are non-transferable, and no substitute prizes will be awarded under any circumstances. Prizes may not be substituted or redeemed for cash. Prizes may be claimed at least twenty-four (24) hours after winning, and within thirty (30) days, at 234 Airport Plaza Boulevard, Suite 5, Farmingdale, NY 11735. Pick-up hours are Business Days, Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm. In the event of any disagreement regarding contestants, winners or qualification of winners, or adequacy or value of the prize, the decision of Connoisseur Media shall remain final. All prizes will be awarded. Prize winners must sign hold harmless and indemnity agreement, agreeing to hold WKJY-FM, its licensee, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents, and representatives of each of them harmless against any and all claims of liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or contest. Void where prohibited.
- RELEASE. By entering a contest on WKJY-FM, each participant in the contest, including all winners, acknowledge that WKJY-FM and Connoisseur Media will have the right to reproduce, publicize, and broadcast his or her name, likeness, and all matters incidental thereto without compensation. Anytime the on-air studio is called, it is assumed by the caller that the phone call is being recorded and may be broadcast. The caller grants permission to WKJY to broadcast the call or record the call for later broadcast
- CONTEST-SPECIFIC RULES. All rules specific to individual contests are created by WKJY-FM Management, and its legal council if necessary. Decision of Connoisseur Media management with regard to rules, specifications, qualifiers, winners, and prizes, is final.
- How to play:
i. Listeners must visit the contest section at www.KJOY.com between October 1, 2011 and October 31, 2012.
ii. Once there, complete the electronic “enter to win” form and submit a photo of a pumpkin carving done by you or somebody you know.
iii. A Gallery of pumpkin photos submitted will appear on the contest page at www.KJOY.com.
- All photos will be reviewed prior to posting and any photos deemed inappropriate or offensive will not be posted and that entry will be disqualified from winning.
- Please allow up to 24 hours for your photo to appear in the gallery.
iv. One (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected by random draw and announced on or about 11/5/12.
- Grand Prize is: $100 Gift Certificate to Hicks Nurseries, for all your fall planting needs.
v. Completed electronic enter to win forms without a photo submission will also be included and eligible for the Grand Prize.
- In the event the winner is subject to, or the subject of, any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), WKJY 's delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as WKJY awarding the prize to the winner. WKJY shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. WKJY shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto
- These are the official contest rules of WKJY-FM. These rules may be subject to change without notice if necessary to comply with the Telecommunications Act of 1996, rules and regulations of the FCC, or any applicable law.
For a free copy of these rules, or a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to:
234 Airport Plaza Boulevard
Farmingdale, NY 11735