Jodi has been a Long Islander since she was five years old! After graduating from Farmingdale Senior High School, she turned her “radio geekiness” into a solid, college radio career at the State University of Fredonia. She still has that ‘buzz’ two decades later! Jodi is a veteran of radio on Long Island, and NYC. Her home for the past 17 years is middays, while you work, on K-98.3 — a time slot which enables her to be home in time to take her two daughters to girls scouts and junior varsity volleyball, and her dog, Addie, for a walk.
9 things you may not know about Jodi:
- She was a teenage punk rock/new waver as a teen and used to shave the sides of her head. She still has her old Doc Martens.
- She hardly cooks, because her husband Chris is the chef of the family but she admits to making a mean tuna sandwich and ramen noodle soup.
- Her favorite band is Pearl Jam and devotedly follows them with friends around the US.
- Jodi’s passion of being an advocate for our children, especially special needs children, has taken her down a new path in life. She currently serves as President of her PTA and is an ambassador for Autism Speaks! She has also won awards from her community for her work.
- She is also very grateful to work with the exceptional advocates from Mothers Against Drunk Driving and Most Valuable Kids of NY.
- She would live in her flip flops, Minnetonka moccasins, checkerboard Vans and/or Onitsuka Tiger Asic kicks if she could.
- When Jodi is not working, you can bet that she is googling “cape cod historical exterior colors” for her home.
- Most of her high school friends can’t believe that she is in radio because she didn’t have much of a personality in school – so they thought!
- She is usually watching Mets and Islanders games and occasionally annoys and wakes up the whole household with her enthusiasm.